Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) stands for all the things that has to do with your air conditioning technique. From the condensing unit to the air handler and duct program, each and every component have to be appropriately maintained to avoid pricey HVAC repair. There are various strategies to hold your program operating smoothly in the heat of summer time and for the duration of the coldest winters.
There are a few items that can be safely maintained by the homeowner.
– The most significant and the easiest factor to verify is your air filter. The filter really should be replaced at least when per month, often much more if you have pets.
– Maintaining the drain line is also important. This can ordinarily be identified as a white, PVC pipe protruding out of your indoor unit that tends to make its way outdoors to drain condensation from the evaporator coil. More than time, the drain line can grow to be clogged with the mixture of micro-particles that pass through your filter mixed with water. This creates a grayish slime that will, in time, clog the line and cause difficulties for your complete method. Despite the fact that there are a handful of methods to temporarily clear the line, it is recommended to have a specialist do the job anytime you think that water flow is getting restricted. The ideal way to know if your drain line is functioning is to locate exactly where it exits the property. There must be water steadily dripping from the line although the unit is operating, specifically in higher humidity regions.
Note: It is a frequent myth that bleach and water will clean the drain line. This only offers a temporary surface inside the pipe that keeps the slime from sticking and will eventually stop functioning. A high-pressure nitrogen purge is the only helpful way to clear a clogged drain line, and should really only be performed by a trained, HVAC repair technician.
– Feel the air. This is possibly the most clear, but anytime your A/C is not blowing cold sufficient, there might be a trouble that is not so obvious. Recall, your HVAC system consists of a lot of parts and they need to all be working to preserve the desired temperature. If there is ever any doubt as to no matter if your system is running appropriately, contact a specialist.
Some of the less apparent challenges want the consideration of a certified HVAC repair technician.
– Refrigerant leaks can bring about your unit to gradually quit cooling. Leaks most commonly take place on older units, but it is achievable to have a leak on a fairly new unit. The most widespread lead to of a refrigerant leak happens when the distinctive metals that your coil is produced of react with each other and oxidize, causing a modest hole. Your A/C skilled has the instruments to come across these leaks, and they can determine how to fix them.
– A dirty, clogged duct program can seriously restrict airflow. Quite Airco and sealing solutions that cannot only increase cooling and heating but can also reduce the dust and other allergens that are circulating all through your property.
It is vital to spend interest to your A/C unit. Catching a potential issue early can save you thousands of dollars and can extend the life of your unit for years. When you locate a reputable contractor with a very good record of service, you can rest assured that your summer season will be a cool one!